Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Christmas Present

This year I wanted a gun for Christmas , My husband figured after 20years of marriage I may not shoot him. :)So, I'm looking for a rifle something that looks intimidating but- really isn't that dangerous- As I'm looking online i see a lot of pellet rifles and there is one in particular that i really like -it's a break barrel 1000fps whatever that means pellet rifle -very cool looking and would probably scare away a killer or a dog - dogs sometimes attack me while I'm riding my horse-so if i shoot at him with a pellet rifle it won't kill him just scare him.- So - I want this rifle really bad and i don't have to get a foid card( it's a pellet rifle )- i didn't want to have to deal with getting one of those - big brother and all - :) I was ordering online and it said it would not be shipped for two weeks -crap that's after Christmas -so i looked everywhere -Rural king, walmart , no one had the pellet rifle i wanted -just little ones like b b guns. I called a friend who knew of a gun shop close by but NOT AROUND HERE :) so i called- -the man said yes , i carry one in stock and I'll be darn it 's the same exact one I've been looking at online. I said I'll be there tomorrow to check it out. My husband and i go there and of course i try to get the man to lower his price but no luck - And boy is it a beauty of a gun. I said OK I'll take it - I LOVE IT !! the man said -do you have to have a Foid card for one of these? I'm like NO - awh I don't think so it's a pellet rifle for goodness sake -I'm thinking he's the damn owner of the shop why wouldn't he know this. he said Do you have one? I'm like No - he said do you have a drivers license? well, Yes- I give him my license and he copies and i pay my $150.00 -he said that's a really powerful gun and leave with my beautiful gun. Later on that night I'm thinking gee why did he ask me that - I look at the ISP website and low and behold if the gun even a pellet gun is over 750 fps you have to have a Foid card - Shit! so I'm freaking out -i mean freaking out ! I'm a law abiding citizen you know - CRAP - i thinking the cops are going to break down my door for a freaking pellet gun!! So i continue to Freak out for the remainder of the month and part of the next I immediately apply for a FOID card and so far no breaking of doors :) and I'm legal now and have become very good at killing cans:)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you had to have a foid card for a pellet WTF---that would be the governement controling everything and taking your money. Do you think we will have to get one for a squirt gun someday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG..LMAO!! Thanks for the entertainment Cheri!

    ReplyDelete