Monday, March 8, 2010

EMERGENCY 911!

It has been sometime since I've blogged-not that my life has been boring but just haven't had time. I would like to tell you about my first 911 experience i had the other night. Anyone that knows me and knows me well knows I'm a big chicken - not of ghosts really but of Killers- yes killers - i live in the country with acres and acres around me and i love it( except at night) - my husband works nights and I'm alone - of course I'm constantly imagining killers everywhere trying to get me. Not really paranoid but heck look at reality -it happens all the time everywhere - so I'm a big chicken!!! Yes I'll admit it! That's one reason I've resisted buying a real gun all these years because i would kill someone -i know it! Some strange things have been happening around my house the past couple of weeks , well stranger than usual - my fridge has made this knocking noise randomly out of the blue- the noise is actually coming from behind the fridge and the cabinets located above the fridge were open one morning and we do not use those cabinets so i thought that was freaky -i brushed it off as the old house settling or should i say trying to fall in. It was built in about 1825 and is in pretty bad shape structurally -can't wait to build a new one but for now it serves it's purpose. So that happened about 3 times then a couple of nights ago my poor hound had a seizure at 130 in the morning it was horrible he is 4 and has never done that before so that was scary very scary. So I've been pretty Leary lately of strange stuff happening but nothing could ever prepare me for the horror movie i lived Friday night. I got home at 10 p.m. let my basset out to go potty and fell asleep on the couch watching TV. I woke up at 1:00-1:30 in the morning with the 2 big outside dogs barking their heads off and running up to the porch and going crazy. I went to look out my dining room door and Pitch Black! my pole light was out-go out in the middle of the woods without a flashlight at night and that's how it is out there without a pole lite VERY DARK. So i thought OK my light went out- that happens -maybe the dogs were just scared. So i just set down on the couch then i noticed my TV wasn't working. I tried to turn it on and it wouldn't come on it just made a crackling sound it wouldn't come on -everything else plugged in to that outlet worked fine just not the TV- i turned everything on and off and just the TV wouldn't work. So i thought OK my pole light is out and my damn TV blew up crap. So i sat back down and then saw a flash of light reflect in the dining room window i thought oh the pole light came back on but then noticed it didn't so i got up and went into the dining room and looked in the kitchen- OMG! the back porch light was out too. Ok this is a scary coincidence! Now both sides of my house are pitch black!! Weird huh? by this time it was getting scary and i just knew Killers were out there shutting off everything one by one! Of course they were! They finally found Me!!! OMG! Shit! I proceeded to load my Pellet rifle and say very loudly i have a gun! I sat back down on the couch and was very hyper alert! I thought OK Steve will be home in about an hour and a half and i surely can wait it out. My outside dogs were still going crazy -no TV no back porch light or pole light. I then heard a noise coming from my back porch that sounded like someone coming in. My inside dogs the pug and basset heard it too and jumped up and faced the back door! I knew at this time the killers were coming in so i said IF YOU ARE COMING IN THAT DOOR I"M GOING OUT THE FRONT!! and proceeded to grab my pellet rifle and run to the front porch it was then i called 911! 911 what's your emergency? Well, first my pole light went out then my TV then my back porch light and my dogs are going crazy and i hear something at my back door. The women was very nice. I stayed on the line with her until the officers arrived- I then went out the front door where i noticed my front porch light was flickering wildly -i told her my grandfather just passed and either he is visiting me or maybe my wiring is messed up. she laughed. The officers which were very nice checked all my pole barns and outbuildings and said ma'am there isn't anyone out here but were not sure whats going on with your electricity - they saw my front porch light freaking out too. They said call us again if you need anything we are here all night - I said thank you so much-BTW i was in my Betty bo0p PJ's my friend got me oh yeah little girl PJ's . I'm sure the officers had a wonderful time telling this story! Well, I thanked them and went into the back door then i noticed my back porch light was not out all the way but flickering just like the front porch - it was so faint you could hardly notice it on. I was relieved no one was out there and thought this is it- all the wiring in this old house is shorting out and it's going to burn to the ground. I sat back down on the couch - the officers where still in the driveway WHEN- i heard this horrific siren noise coming from the kitchen -It was SO LOUD! i thought WTF what are the police doing?! I jumped ran into the kitchen and my microwave was making this sound and the lights on it were Flashing and blinking wildly - OMG! i was super duper freaked out and immediately unplugged the microwave. I went back to the living room and sat back down on the couch trying to get my bearings! I then saw the lights of the police cars as they pulled out of my driveway -Just at that moment -As soon as they pulled out of the driveway the whole house went BLACK! OMG! That's it for me! i jumped up grabbed my purse and left! this was at 240 am. I called my husband he had just gotten off work he was on his way home about 40minutes away. I said the house is screwed it will probably be burnt to the ground when you get there because it wasn't killers it must be something else I tried to figure it out how could just some appliances freak out and just my outside lights It was too FREAKY- he gets there about 330 AND everything was normal! Can you believe that! I said look i have witnesses and a police report - i know i didn't imagine it! That is when i really started to think about ghost - yes ghost - I didn't' sleep at all over the weekend - I called my electric company first thing Monday morning - i explained to the receptionist what happened -she said sounds like something out of a horror movie - Yes that's what it felt like too! The line Superintendent called me back and said there was a raccoon which got into the substation at West Salem and done A lot of damage. he said when this happens it does strange thing to the electricity-STRANGE I'd say! so i am relieved to know NO Ghosts, NO killers just a damn raccoon! But i am now going to buy a REAL GUN!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. OMG! You poor girl! Why didn't you call me...I'm on call 24/7...I would have come rescue you. That raccoon is probably one of Becky's coons she let out several years ago...LOL!! Seriously...your story was freaking me out just reading it. Glad everything was ok..thanks for the laugh...I sure needed it tonight!

    Hugs!!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl you are VERY Welcome! and now that i know you are on call - watch out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These things could only happen to you Cheri! LOL Glad everything is O.K. Those damn racoons make great pets!!!LOL

    ReplyDelete